Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Hyderabad Chicken Briyani



Recipe Source : VahChef
Recommended by: My Beloved Friend Priya Ranjit

I have made some alteration to the ingredients, I have used chicken instead f
Ingredients:
2 cups of Basmathi rice
500 g of chicken (I used whole leg)
3 large onion (sliced thinly and fried)
2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp of coriander powder
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
1 tsp of cumin powder
1 tsp of black pepper powder
1 tsp of garam masala powder
1 tsp of cumin seed
1 pc cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
2 cardamom
2 star anise
2 cloves
1 tbsp of lemon juice
1/2 cup of curd
5 pcs green chilli (chopped)
A bunch of coriander (chopped)
A bunch of mint leaves (chopped)
A few drops of yellow coloring/saffron milk
Salt to taste
3 tbsp of oil

Rice part 

Basmathi rice (washed & soaked for 30 minutes)

Cook rice with whole garam masala, oil and salt. We need to take out rice in two parts (40% and 60% cooked and separated)

Chicken masala

Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, green chilli, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, cumin seeds, half of fried onion, salt, whole garam masala, lemon juice, curd, coriander leaves, mint leaves, bay leaf and oil for 30 minutes.

Now put the marinated chicken in a heavy bottomed pan or pressure cooker, layer with 40% cooked rice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onion, then another layer of 60% cooked rice, coriander leaves, mint leaves, fried onion, garam masala powder and yellow coloring.

Let this cooked over medium flame for 30-45 minutes until the rice and chicken are completely cooked. As the chef said the whole house will have a wonderful aroma and you know your briyani is completely cooked.


Now our Hyderabad Chicken Briyani is ready to be served, I served this briyani with Tomato and Onion Raita. Do try and let me know how it turned out for you!





64 comments:

  1. Loved the first click. Looks lip-smacking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis!!! Superb briyani picture dear, what a wow!

    You got me salivating again at your scrumptious dish...

    Ithu nyayamma??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempting and flavourful..very inviting biryani.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biryani looks so tasty! Drooling over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first click and briyani looks so yummylicious.one of my fav

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhh i want a plateful of this gorgeous biriyani..literally iam drooling here:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummyy biryani..i luv this version too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Briyani looks total professional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. liked your first click dear.. will try this version too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my god...its so tempting and looks delicious...

    Even i like Vahchef Tuma's dishes...love his way of cooking and video..

    I have tried many of his recipes, butter chicken etc.,

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this biryani is simply superb Arthy pattaya kallaputhu :P i dont know how i missed this recipe, dear you give me credits for recommending :P aww you are one sweetheart, thanks and I am sure you enjoyed it didnt you???? aww this makes me hungry now.. I want I want... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Priya for recommending, its one delicious briyani I have tried ever...

      Delete
  12. Wish i live near you sis, so that i can enjoy this wonderful,flavourful,rich looking briyani.Drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq sis, I dont mind staying near u as u r a great chef...

      Delete
  13. Feeling hungry,Suman..Yummilicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Biryani looks so delicious!! Just seeing the pictures am getting hungry.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks yummy..my fav..too..but lent season has started for us..will try it in EASTER...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Arthy, i too follow vahchef's recipe dear, unbeatable and flavorful. you made it perfectly. loved the clicks very much. well done

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spicy and yummy hyderabadi chicken biriyani. Inviting too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so tempting .....Feel like having it right now for lunch !!!
    shrutirasoi

    Today's Recipe
    Tomato Rasam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Droolworthy biryani, a must try recipe dear. Can't take off my eyes from your bowl dear......so delightful chicken biryani.

    today's recipe:
    http://sanolisrecipies.blogspot.in/2013/02/award-celebrating-with-carrot-beet.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. such an amazing looking biryani...loved the first pic

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This looks delicious Arthy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not only the looks it tasted great Nilu...

      Delete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman