Tuesday 20 November 2012

Jam Roll Guest Post by Faseela Noushad

This is the third guest post by my fellow blogger friends, this post was by Faseela Noushad from Good Food Ends With Good Talk. I have requested her to do a guest post for me and she never said NO and said she was so glad to a post for me, despite being busy with many things she still managed to send me this recipe within a few days.

Faseela have been active in blogging world since 2011 and her recipes are very unique and tempting. I drool a lot looking at her clicks and thought it would be nice if she could share her wonderful recipe here in my blog. Okay now let us look how she made Jam Roll in her own word;

Thank you so much dear for letting me do a guest post for you. I was really confused which recipe will be good to send you at last stuck on jam roll. Hope you also liked the one which I am sharing with you. This is my first guest that is the reason I am so thrilled. 



Here goes the recipe dear,

Ingredients:

Wheat Flour: 1 ½ cups
Yeast: 1 tsp
Sugar: 1 ½ tbsp
Egg: 1
Warm water: as needed
Olive oil: 3 tbsp
Salt: as needed
Jam: to spread (I used Pomegranate Jam)

Method Of Preparation:

Separate the egg yolk and white. Use egg yolk while kneading and egg white to brush on top.

In a cup add yeast, sugar and ¼ cup warm water. Let it rest for 5-10 minutes or till it ferments.

In a bowl add wheat flour and salt. Add fermented yeast, 3 tbsp olive oil, egg yolk and warm water to it.

Knead to very smooth n sticky dough. Keep covered to about 1 hour or 
till it doubles the size.Take the dough and punch down the air.


Take the fermented dough to an oiled or floured counter and roll it flat to rectangle shape.


Then spread jam over it evenly.



Roll from one end to the other. Cut it into equal 5 or 6 parts.



Arrange in a greased baking tray by placing the cut end up.Brush the top 
with egg white. Keep it covered for another 30 minutes. Pre heat the oven 
and bake at 1800C to about 30-35 minute or till you get it done.


Cool on a wire rack. Delicious Bread Jam roll is ready to serve.



I have also attached a click of my son who was too busy taking 
photos of the roll while I am doing the same :)

Thank you so much Faseela for sharing this recipe with us, Jam Roll looks awesome!




22 comments:

  1. Thanks Sumi for you lovely words and for the post.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. your last click is awesome faseela.. cute boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww so cute your son Faseela. I am sure he must hv enjoyed the rolls too.

    gr8 writing Suman!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute of him.. Beautiful jam rolls, wonderful guest post by Faseela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice guest post at your space Suman..Tempting rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciable guest post by Faseela...colourful jam roll

    ReplyDelete
  7. faseela did a wonderful job.. the jam roll loooks yumm. Nice post Suman.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post gals...Rolls look wonderful..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious..lovely guest post..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman