Friday, 2 November 2012

Malaysian Style Pineapple Tart

This s very famous cookie in Malaysia, almost everyone would have tasted at least once. I have got order for this cookie also, it's delicious Pineapple Tart. Let me introduce star of the show;


Let us check how I made this cookie, its quite tedious but fun making it...

Ingredients:

Crust (150pieces)
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2 1/2 tbsp of custard flour
2 tbsp of corn flour
1 tsp of vanila extract
1 tbsp of sugar
1 cup of butter
1 tbsp of ghee
1 egg yolk (beaten for egg wash)

Pineapple Jam
1 whole pineapple grated
2 cups of sugar (reduce if pineapple is sweet)
1 screw-pine leaf

Cook over low heat all the ingredients for jam, it takes about 3- 4 hours to get thick jam. Cool it while making the dough for crust.


This is a very simple crust making method, mix all the dry ingredients 
to the wet ingredients and knead well until soft, leave aside


Using a cookie press, squeeze out dough like above


Roll out small amount of pineapple jam and place it on one side of the dough, you 
may ask why I have two jam rolls, I just wanted to make everything fast because 
it do take a long time to complete the whole process


Roll out the end of dough where we have placed the jam and roll to a complete cylinder


See how to roll it?


Arrange the tarts on a baking tray 


Apply egg wash on one side of the cookie and bake at 150 degree for 15- 20 minutes, 
make sure you heat the oven 5 minutes earlier before baking


Our Pineapple Tart now is ready to be served

Do try and let me know how it was!









22 comments:

  1. Delicious tart suman...it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its new to me.. looks incredible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, totally unique. how did u get that pattern dear and so broad too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used cookie press....will upload the picture of it later k....tq

      Delete
  4. Fantastic pineapple tart..

    ReplyDelete
  5. tasty tart.. my favourite
    great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...they look absolutely divine dear! Hope you are able to link them to my ongoing event! :)

    Join my Blog Event:~ DEEPAVALI DELIGHTS 2012

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mind blowing Suman!!!Love the way you prepared it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow... they look so cute and inviting... great dear

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these tarts. I made these cuties for Hariraya. they look tempting.nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. will try these tarts very soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tq Lashmi...do let me know was it....

      Delete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman