Tuesday 25 September 2012

Chicken Peratal


Chicken is something I will never get bored of, even if served with chicken everyday I would love to eat but not the same dish everyday. I love to try different recipes, it has been so long I have never cooked 'Rendang (it's a Malay Cuisine) but I have incorporated rendang and Indian style peratal for my dish today.

No much alteration done to the rendang or peratal, I have just added 'Kerisik' (coconut grated, toasted and ground to paste). 



Google Image


Now let's look at the recipe and how to cook this dish;

Ingredients:

500g of chicken (cut into small pieces)
2 onion sliced
1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
1 sprig of curry leaves
2 bird eye chili (slit)
1 cinnamon stick
1 star anise
2 tbsp of kerisik
3 tbsp of meat masala
1 tbsp of dry chili powder
1 tsp of turmeric powder
1/2 cup of water
1 tsp sugar
Salt to taste
Oil to fry

Marinate chicken with turmeric powder and salt for 10 minutes, then fry the chicken until it's almost cooked and keep aside.

Mix meat masala, chili powder and some water to form the masala into paste and set aside to use later.

In a pan, pour oil add curry leaves and let it fry for a minute and add cinnamon stick, star anise, onion, ginger garlic paste and bird eye chili fry for until onion turns translucent. 

Add masala paste and fry for a minute before adding water, let this mixture simmer for 10 minutes. Add the fried chicken and let it cook further for about 5 minutes, now add the kerisik and let the gravy thickens.

Adding kerisik will give a wonderful aroma and taste, adding this to the gravy will thicken it. Adjust salt and sugar to your preference and turn off the flame and our Chicken Peratal is ready to be served.


Do try and let me know how it turned out.
















8 comments:

  1. Looks yumm. I am going to try the ready-made paste now :)Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to follow you. Nice blog. Chicken looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy pirattal... first time here. Happy to follow u. Do join my space when u find time

    ReplyDelete
  4. very delicious...Love this!!Happy to follow you...Do visit my blog when u get time...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman