Sunday 30 September 2012

Ragi Chapati

Planning healthy meal for family takes no much time if you have the passion for cooking, eating usual chapati everyday can be a very boring thing at times. So, I have combined ragi with atta flour to make Ragi Chapati today. My first attempt didn't fail me, it turned out to be a very tasty chapati and most importantly healthy.

Now let us look at how I made this;


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup of atta flour
1/2 cup of ragi flour
1 cup of water
2 tbsp of oil + 1 tsp oil
A pinch of salt

Take a bowl, add salt, butter, ragi  and atta flour with half cup of water, knead the dough well incorporating all the ingredients. Then add the balance half cup of water, knead well until the dough is soft and smooth. Adding ragi to atta flour knead a little more water compared to atta flour alone, you must knead the dough well so that when you toast the chapati it wouldn't be so hard. Apply around 1 tsp oil to the well kneaded dough and cover with cloth.


Roll dough into small balls and roll with a chapati 
roller to spread out the dough like chapati


Toast both side of the chapati on a pan over medium flame





Now our Ragi Chapati is ready to be served with your preferred curry, keema or kurma


Do try and let me know how it turned out!

3 comments:

  1. my favourite grain.. normally I do equal portion to make the dough but urs looks soft
    Great-secret-of-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh equal parts huh, this is my first time trying ragi chapati...yea it was very soft...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one healthy chapati!!
    Got atta & ragi at home, probably will make it tomorrow.
    Thanks Arthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman