Saturday 27 October 2012

Pumpkin Puree

Halloween is a festival full of fun, not that I know or have celebrated before but that's what I can see when watching movies about it. Children in creative costumes and 'trick or treat' activity, carving pumpkin into Jack 'O' Lantern, playing pranks and watching horror movies. So I'm celebrating this year virtually by cooking some Halloween dishes, let me start with Pumpkin Puree.


It's very easy to make Pumpkin Puree...most of us do it often for others dishes. I have cut one medium pumpkin into two and pressure cooked with 2 cups of water for 5 whistle. You don't have to remove the skin as once you pressure cook the pumpkin the skin will scald off. Drain and let it cool.

Let pumpkin cool down, then pulse it in blender without adding any water until you get smooth puree. You can freeze this puree until usage or make immediately for baking or cooking. It takes less than 30 minutes the whole preparation of this puree.

Very easy isn't it. Now our Pumpkin Puree is ready to be included in baking.

3 comments:

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman