Thursday 9 August 2012

Prawn Masala Fried Rice

I always try different variety of fried rice as it is very easy to prepare especially with leftovers or I simply make some other dishes and fry with rice. I love prawns but don't cook it frequently because it's high in cholesterol.

Today I made prawns masala and make it a one pot meal by simply adding cooked rice. Let's look at the recipe.


Ingredients:

500gm prawn (shelled)
2 cups cooked rice (cold)
2 eggs beaten
1 large onion sliced
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig of curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste

In a pan, pour oil and add curry leaves and cumin seeds, then add onion and saute for a minute. Now add the prawns, turmeric powder, chili powder and salt. Do not add any water and let it cook with the oil that have been poured and cook until dry.

Now move the masala prawn aside on the pan and pour in egg and scramble it until half cooked. At this point add the cooked rice and mix well with egg and prawn masala, add more salt if needed. Prawn masala fried rice is ready to serve.

Do try and let me know how it turned out. Thank you.



1 comment:

  1. Tnx Shama...i did post 2 of my recipes there...will post more before the due date...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman