Wednesday 8 August 2012

Sura Puttu Mom's Style

Sura or shark fish have been my favorite since young because to me it tastes like chicken in certain dishes my mom make and its so easy to eat because it doesn't have tiny bones. I don't prefer some fishes because of its scary bones especially those had bones embedded in the flesh.

My favorite dish that my mom make from Sura is always Sura Puttu or we call it Podimas, thinking about it now makes me drool.



Let's check how to make this mom's style.


Ingredients:

500gm shark fish/ sura (cubed small)
15 pcs shallots sliced 
5 garlic pods sliced
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 dry red chili
Salt to taste
5 tbsp oil

In a pan, pour oil and add mustard seeds let it splutter now add in garlic, dry chili, shallots, curry leaves saute a while. Then add cleaned and cubed fish, add turmeric and stir well, remember not to add any water at all to this dish. Water from the fish will be released and make sure it dries completely we don't want soggy puttu.

Now add in chili powder and salt, mix everything well add more oil if needed to the fish so that we will get really dry dish. It may seem a little burnt but its doesn't taste like its burnt. This show that the dish is really dry and tasty to eaten with rice.

Ready to serve, do try and let me know how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman