Monday 13 August 2012

Stuffed Chapati My Mom's Signature Dish

I love my mom's cooking, what ever she cooks she does it with full of love and usually prepares everything according to family's preference. I was a very picky and fussy child when I was young, mom have to tolerate me so much when it comes to food. I complain to almost everything she makes, she used to tell me you will know when you have your own kids, I just hate it when she says that. 

Things changed even before I was married, to be precise when I left home to study. I used to miss all her cooking especially dishes I used to hate once, when I go back home for every semester break mom used to make me lots of stuff I miss. Love you ma, you know what's best for me, thank you.

OMG, talking about mom got me carried away, now let me share one of my favorite which is Stuffed Chapati. I have never seen anyone else made this before apart from my mom and now I make this and sharing to my other friends all over the world.

Okay without wasting any more time let's check how my mom made this.



Ingredients:

Dough
1 cup of atta flour (whole wheat)
1/2 cup of water
1 tbsp butter


Knead chapati dough with the above ingredients making sure to pour a little water at a time to get the right consistency. Let it rest while preparing the stuffing.

Stuffing

1 cup of grated coconut
1/4 cup of dried shrimps (soaked and drained)
1/2 cup of shallots sliced
10 pcs dry red chili 
A pinch of salt

Pound all the ingredient above coarsely and keep aside.

Now comes the fun part,



Roll out the dough


Apply some butter on the flattened dough


Place in some stuffing


Fold in all four sides


Just like this


Roll the stuffed chapati to desired size thinner the better
 but don't tear the dough or stuffing will spill out


Now take the chapati and cook on a hot stone


Add some butter to both sides and cook to perfection


Now My Mom's Stuffed Chapati is ready to be served, do try and let me know how it turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much fellow friends for commenting, your comments will help me to improve my blog and share more special recipes that I have tried with you. Do drop by often, yummy recipes waiting!

Arthy Suman